Monday, October 20, 2008

Skip Beat - 01

Impressions
Wow, I have to admit, at the beginning of this episode I thought this was going to be another lame series where the weak girl fawns over the cool guy like in Itazura na Kiss. They did a great job of selling that angle and making you feel for Kyoko, the female lead.

Honestly, I really wanted to kick Sho's pompous ass. He was such a jackass and really didn't deserve to be pampered like that.

I was so happy when the female lead changed gears and actually started to defend herself. I'm not much of a feminist, but I hate seeing girls falling for jerks. As much as I hate the jerks, I'd have to say I hate the girls more for being so weak.

(Before and After)

That being said, her transformation really makes me excited to see the next episode and what her new character will be like. I have a feeling that she will end up with Ren and make Sho feel jealous which wouldn't be a bad story. In fact, I think this series is going to be very original as I haven't seen a revenge through show business type of story before. I think this will definitely be one of my favorite shows this season.

(Gar!)

No comments: